Marblehead, Massachusetts, March 26th, 2018 – Investment firm with a focus on quantitative investing, Little Harbor Advisors, LLC (LHA), has been invited by various Chartered Financial Advisor chapters (CFA), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst chapters (CAIA), and Financial Planning Association chapters (FPA) to deliver its presentation on how Artificial Intelligence (AI) may disrupt asset and wealth management in the coming years. The use of AI is finding its way out of engineering, the scientific disciplines, and the private world of hedge funds and into the mainstream of mutual funds, ETFs, and financial advisory services.
According to LHA Managing Director, Rick Roche, a 37-year veteran of the wealth management industry and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) who will be delivering the presentations, “There’s a growing concern that investment professionals could be caught off guard by advances in AI and Machine Learning for portfolio construction and advice-delivery models as Big Tech firms and early adopters enter the field. Capgemini’s World Wealth Report 2017 surveyed 2,500 high-net-worth investors worldwide on their willingness to consider switching to Big Tech firms for wealth management, and 56.2% responded that they would consider becoming a Big Tech client. LHA believes that many wealth advisors and asset managers may be too complacent about potential disruption and a looming threat to their livelihoods.”
LHA is a frequent presenter on the topic of AI, one or more of its members having been the featured speaker at 13 meetings of CFA, CAIA, and FPA chapters over the last six months, and with over 20 CFA and FPA chapter events scheduled for 2018. The presentation seeks to separate fintech fact from fiction, reveals how certain pioneers have embraced AI and Big Data to gain an edge on markets and competitors, and includes recommendations on how advisors can adapt to changing expectations and remain relevant. The series—The Model Behavior: AI, Big and Small Data in Quant Models—will be held in cities across the country beginning in March. Below is a partial list of scheduled presentations. Visit: www.lharesearch.com for details.
About Little Harbor Advisors, LLC Little Harbor Advisors, LLC (LHA) is a boutique investment firm with a focus on quantitative investment solutions and investment structures for institutional investors, financial advisors, and portfolio managers.
- March 21st, 2018 - Olathe, KS
- March28th, 2018 - Miami, FL
- April 4th, 2018 - Memphis, TN
- April 11th, 2018 - Virginia Beach, VA
- April 17th, 2018 - Rochester, NY & Syracuse, NY
- April 24th, 2018 - Cincinnati, OH
- April 26th, 2018 - Columbia, SC
- May 2nd, 2018 - Fresno, CA
- May 3rd, 2018 - Iselin, NJ
- May 4th, 2018 - Portsmouth, NH
- May 9th, 2018 - Tucson, AZ
- May 22nd, 2018 - Chicago, IL
- June 6th, 2018 - Harrisburg, PA
- June 27th, 2018 - San Gabriel, CA
- July 11th, 2018 - West Knoxville, TN
- September 14th, 2018 - Sacramento, CA
- October 11th, 2018 - Raleigh, NC
- October 17th, 2018 - Syracuse, NY
- October 16th, 2018 - Rochester, NY
- October 25th, 2018 - Iselin, NJ